Your winter holidays in Barèges
Barèges in the winter!
Both a spa and a winter sports resort, Barèges is part of the Domaine du Grand Tourmalet, the largest ski area in the French Pyrenees. It offers a wide range of activities outside skiing (sled dogs, spa, ski touring, snowshoeing…). Your winter holidays in Barèges and Le Grand Tourmalet are full of surprises!
Grand Tourmalet Ski resort
Welcome to Grand Tourmalet : the largest ski area in the French Pyrenees including Barèges, Pic du Midi and La Mongie.
The Grand Tourmalet is two resorts in one, with a different atmosphere: Barèges and its authentic village, La Mongie and its resort at the foot of the slopes. Skiing for the whole family: from beginner skiing to high mountain skiing with the Pic du Midi de Bigorre, through beautiful blue and red trails in the forest.
Practical: The ski bus that takes you to the foot of the slopes (3km) is located 100 m from the campsite’s chalet rentals!
A multitude of activities outside of skiing!
- Nordic activities: Installed comfortably in the sled guided by the huskies, you will slide on the snow-covered slopes of the Plateau du Lienz; unless you prefer to discover the area on a snow groomer or a snowmobile
- Snowshoeing among the fir trees or backcountry skiing, the valley of Barèges is discovered in different ways.
- The visit of the Pic du Midi which culminates at 2877 meters is one of the highlights of your holiday, where the view of the Pyrenees is simply magical!
- During the day or after the effort, enjoy a moment of relaxation in a relaxing setting at
- Spa Ciéléo des Thermes de Barèges. The wellness and relaxation area offers a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, hammam for a real break of well-being. This bubble of sweets at the foot of the Pic du Midi de Bigorre is sheltered under a dome illuminated by the Milky Way; a simply magnificent decor! SKI & SPA: Grand Tourmalet & Cieléo: from 49€/adult
- More information on activities at the tourist office Enjoy nature in the middle of winter with the rental of one of our wooden chalets!